Sunday, October 21, 2007

Poker :: OlympicFestival ME Step by step

It was 30 players - 3 tables 10 each. Much fewer that was expected. 10,000 starting chips.
First 5 levels duration 45min, from 6th level on duration only 30min.
1st level - 25/50
* opened pot by raising AQo from MP to 150, got 4 callers, flop brought nothing, so checkfolded.
* limped 44 utg, 5 players in the pot, no set on the flop, checkfolded.
* called raise from the button with AQo, lots of action on completely missed flop, folded.
* saw flop for free with 9To from BB, nothing materialized, folded.
* raised limper on my right with AsKh, two to the flop, flop QhJh6h, limper bet 500, called, checked down to the river, lost to JcTc.
In total played 5 pots, won none, down to 8,500 chips.
2nd level - 50/100
* raised the same limper on my right with AcKc. Flop K89 rainbow. Limper led for 500, called. Turn T. Limper check, I raised 1k, limper called. River 7. Checked down, limper showed ATo.
* checked couple of flops from SB/BB with offsuit connectors, nothing materialized.
Played very few hands, 9975 chips at the end of the level.
28 players left (5 paid places)
3rd level - 75/100
* limped 55 utg+1 after utg limper, 4 players to the flop A73, turn 3, river 2, checked down, utg limper showed 88.
* completed from SB with 78o after two limpers, BB raised, limpers folded I called, flop 528 two spades. I checkcalled flop bet, and checkfolded turn 3 of spades. Very bad and weak play by me.
Continuing to be card dead, no more hands played, 8800 at the end of the level.
4th level - 100/200
* raised same old limper with 68s, got one caller from later pos, limper folded. Flop A67 all spades, made cont bet, got reraised, and folded showing my hand. Reraiser showed pocket 6s.
Down to 7400 chips.
* JQo in the BB, 4 players to the pot, flop 9T5 two spades, checked down. Turn K. I checked hoping for a bet from other 3 players, no action. River a brick, I led out smallish, all folded. Small pot for me.
At the end of level down to 7k. 23 players left.
5th level - 150/300
* loose player raised to 1.2k LP opening the pot, I reshoved KQo my last 6.5k from the SB allin. BB took ages to fold, initial raiser also showed an ace and folded. Both BB and raiser told they had suited aces.
* called miniraise from the button with 8d9d (3 players in the pot), flop TsJd3d. Led out for 1.2k, no action.
* stole blinds raising AQo MP few hands before the break.
8.5k chips at the end of level, dinner break, 19 players left.
6th level - 200/400 (30min levels from now on)
* had AJo UTG, limp folded after raise and reraise.
* took down a pot with K9o from the BB seeing flop for free, 783, turn K, river J, I bet 400 and got one caller who mucked. Small pot for me.
No playable hands at all (but got 72o about 5 times, and 23o twice in the BB)
Down to two tables, ~8000 chips, average ~16k.
7th level - 300/600
* folded 6s4s in the BB for 3x raise (1/6th of the stack) and one caller. Flop 25Q one spade, turn 3s and some action... too bad :)
* next BB got 7c8c, completed same 3x raise by shortstack and one caller bigstack. So 3 to the flop, flop Tc2c5d. Instead of shoving all in, I decided just to go fishing for last club, and intended to checkraise. Initial raiser bet 2.1k (leaving himself with 4k), button called 2.1k, I shoved my last 6.5k. Initial raiser folded, button called 4k (to the 16k pot) with... Ah3h... So I had 15 outs twice - any club or any 7 or 8. Turn T, river 5, no clubs, and I'm out in 17th place. A little frustrating since that pot would put me above average, and I also had good table position (with that loose big stack player on my right, who busted soon enough though:)
Summary - I played couple of hands quite passive / bad donking quite a few chips (78o hand 3rd level and AJo UTG comes in mind), but on the other hand, it was one of the most card dead tourneys ever for me - had no pocket pair in range 88-AA, had AKs once, AKo once, and AQo twice, all of it in early levels. So had to struggle with what I have, and knowing the way I went out of the tourney, it was all good - lost key coinflip that would gave me good chance for fighting. Never got it going, and 100% of the tourney time was struggling with under 10k chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too tight play I guess. Especially in Lithuania. Should play suited connectors or similar in the beginning of the tourney when it's not so dangerous or start pushing in later rounds as you had image as the Rock.