Monday, September 17, 2007

Poker :: Good news bad news

Quite a while since posted smth. Not much happening on poker side - decided to fix few other things in my life before comitting myself to goals like getting supernova status or smth like that :)
Had free day on September 1st so played $109 freezout. It went quite good, 360 players in it and with 18 players left I was chipleader but played horribly several hands and busted in 10th, bubbling the final table, so no big payday yet. Interesting thing that I became chiplead after winning huge hand against villain sitting on my left, and after that hand I had ~125k chips, and he had 5k chips with blinds 600/1200 plus antes. Funny enough, he was the one to bust me later:)
Wasted some time playing $5R another day, but finally it became clear that any tourneys with less than $50 buyins are not worth bothering at all - few good hands at my current cash games beat even first place prizes, not talking about other cash games bonuses like FPP etc. So my online poker activities should be more focused from now on :)
Also played yet another live $8 rebuy in RevalOlympic, this time finished 3rd, my best ever and also showed 5th cashing out of 6 times played. These tourneys are extremely soft but really there isnt much new things I can learn anymore I think. Well, at least the prize money will pay for my lunch for the rest of the month :)

In sports department I was doing pretty good, climbed top40 in national orienteering rankings, increased training volume to 4-5h / week (that makes 50-60km of running per week), but it all ended up yesterday where I sprained my left ankle quite bad and renewed my 3yr old injury. However I hope for the best and to be up and running in two weeks, so I would have two more weeks to regain some sort of fitness before the Lithuanian Cup on October 13-14. This sort of injuries are quite upsetting really. But thats poker... ehm... sports :) Bad beats happen :)

No comments: