Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sports :: Takas2007 first day

Today I started my another big competition for the season - Takas2007 5day event. Just terrible... Probably the worst race this season for me. The course was very short - 4,6km with 16 controls. Terrain was tricky, bad runability and visibility, marshes, swamps, small hills and depressions, and in parts almost impassable at all. For me starting early in the field it was quite tough to get past those raspberry fields without any beaten tracks yet. That was not the case though. Physically I felt pretty good, but made 5min+ of mistakes on second and third control which are decissive in such a short course. Wasted couple of minutes on the second part of the course too.
Sucks to have lost a chance for top 6 already on the first day :) Now I need to run flawless for the next 4 days and hope my opponents will get disqualified / totaly lost / etc etc to move up in standings. After first day 19th out of 45 finished, 13mins behind the leader... The goal I'd be happy with would be to get to top10.

No comments: