Monday, July 02, 2007

Poker :: Sing when you are winning

During a rest day between two multiday sports events I decided to do some NL200 and then took my third shot at the 5pm $8 rebuy tournament.
NL200 was going great with me donking one buyin with AA vs flopped set but later taking down huge pot with 99 on 9TJ two club board and having two opponents allin on the flop - called the rest of my stack knowing I will be drawing for the board to pair, and it did bring another T on the river and my nines full beat two made straights.
$8 rebuy with 867 players started at the same time and after donking one stack with T8s allin pre then doubling up with AK allin pre I finished rebuy period with mediocre 8k in chips and buying in for 3 rebuys and addon total. Somehow I managed to not get involved in pots with crap hands, then won a key 3way allin with 77 vs AQs vs K3s (tried to squeeze shortstack and bigstack), kept average stack all the way to and through the bubble, and entered final table as 7th out of 9 stack but still with M of 20. Final table was very live so I just sit back and very timely got two pockets to double up twice - 88 vs 33 button raise allin pre then AA vs 22 allin pre. Then went card dead and to turbo fold mode (M of 40 so no rush) and watched one dude to bust 4 other guys all with worse hand when the money went in, then finally busting another strong player with 44 (no spade) vs TT (spade) on a three spade flop board by turning one outer. So we left 3 players and made a deal to chop the prize money and after 6 hour 50 min marathon I went to sleep with aching head, few k richer, and my poker dream coming one small step closer :)
All of these as 1 dollar notes :)

No comments: