Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Poker :: after the break

Because of holiday in Switzerland I had complete absence of poker for 13 days, so I wondered how it will go after I come back. And it went good.
First I took down 9ppl $5 Sit&Go. In July this was my sixth tournament of this type, 3 times I came second, and finally I won one (about 200% of ROI so far:) This win was particularly sweet since I was down to 300 chips in 25/50 level, and managed to double up few times, then got heads up with 3k vs 10.5k. From there I chipped up with no risks up to 8k, eventualy wining it.
Then I entered $11 regular tourney (~550 ppl) in which I was pretty much card dead. I busted out in 150th with AJs vs QJs allin preflop - flop came 89T...
Since it was getting late, and the next day was my first work day after the holiday, I fired up few cash tables "to win the tourney buyin back", and quickly donked one full buyin with two pair vs obvious flopped straight. From there I took it in a normal tight/aggressive manner, and won two full buyins back.
All in all it was $5 / hour rate for the evening so am slowly building the bankroll back towards $0.50/$1.00 HL NL level and the bit more reasonable $15 hourly rate...

No comments: