Monday, August 20, 2007

Poker :: Small rush

So following the worldwide trend of the stock indexes accent, my bankroll improved a lil more also lately. After 2-3 weeks of little ups and downs finally had some good cash sessions. What is good I hit the target bankroll watermark which I will plan keep till October or so before moving up to a new level. So anything extra will simply be cashouts or buyins to local live tourneys. Especially I have in mind that local 600eur buyin main event of local Olympic poker series in the middle of October. I know I suck in tournaments, but still, it would be a nice opportunity to play with all the local 'pros' :)
Problem with these middle stakes online cash games on PokerStars is that the good fullring tables are not always there - all the worst players are online more or less from 11pm till 7am (in my local time zone) which is when normal people usually sleep or make other things, much less stressful than poker. And during local evenings (6pm - 9pm) there are only 2-5 tables running and usually there are some good but very tight players in it, where you just play the blind steal and resteal game. Anyway, I stopped playing NL200 alltogether and now moved up to NL400/600. From my play statistics I see that I average much better BB/hands rate at these new levels (played ~20k hands already which is not smth to rely on but gives good ballpark estimate) so there is no sense to look back. It is also very nice to play at the same table with some of the guys I used to learn from watching the PokerXFactor videos - BodogAri, Schnitzeltoe and such. And yesterday even crossed Tamsusis, who promissed to stay away from cash games and sit&goes for good in his blog ;)

No comments: